Last Updated on July 4th, 2019
Personal data is any type of information that can be used to identify an individual directly or indirectly via supplemental (context) information. Personal data can also known as personal information, personally identifying information (PII). Detailed explanation can be found on Wikipedia article "Personal Data".
Personal data we collect
We collect your personal data through various interactions with you, when:
- you are using our website
- you fill out forms on our website
- you fill out wedding/engagement questionnaires
- you fill out our contracts
- you call us via telephone with a request for information and/or a quote
- you send us an email with a request for information and/or a quote
- you subscribe to our newsletter
- you provide feedback about our products and/or services
- you order our products and/or services
- we have in-person conversation/meeting with you
In all those cases you may be asked to provide your name, email address, phone number, and other personal data (details). We collect all this data so we can contact you and provide you with additional information about our services and products or for various other purposes.
You have a choice what personal data you want to share with us. You can decline, when we ask you to provide personal data. In order to serve you with your requests we need you to provide some personal data. We always collect only required personal data, so we can provide our services to you. If you choose not to provide required personal data, we will not be able to provide our service to you.
How we use personal data
We use collected personal data to provide you with our services and products. In particular, we use data to:
- improve our website so we can better serve you and other clients
- personalize our service for you and other clients
- provide customer service while answering your requests
- run contests, promotions, surveys, and other website services
- send emails replying on requests about our products and services and/or your orders
- follow up after an in-person meeting, phone call, email, or chat
- advertise and market to you, send promotional information about our services and products, use targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers
In carrying out these purposes, we may combine your personal data we collect from different contexts, e.g. from your use of our website and a phone call we had with you:
- to give you consistent and personalized experience
- to improve our services and products
- to make informed business decisions
- and for other legitimate purposes
How we protect data
Protection of personal data is very important to us. All monetary transactions made through this website are managed via 3rd party providers that use SSL encryption to protect your payment information. We also host our website on 3rd party hosting provider servers that maintain optimal standard level of security, by frequently updating their servers with the latest security patches and maintaining industry standard firewalls.
Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer to store data that can be recalled by a web server when you visit our website. Cookies and similar technologies, e.g. web beacons, scripts and tags, are used for storing and honoring your preferences and settings on our website, analyzing how our website performs, and fulfilling other legitimate purposes. Our website may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from 3rd party service providers to track information on our behalf.
Your browser can be configured to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers allow cookies by default and you need to change your browser settings to decline cookies. Please consult with your browser documentation for information about how to disable cookies. If you choose to decline cookies and similar technologies from our website, it may have negative impact on your browsing experience on our website.
Reasons when personal data is shared with 3rd parties
We do not trade, sell, or otherwise transfer your personally data to 3rd parties. This does not extend to:
- website hosting partners and other parties that assist us in operating this website or serving our clients. All 3rd party partners and parties have agreed to keep collected information confidential
- when required by law or to respond to legal process
- when we have to protect our clients or safety of our staff and/or others
- when we have to protect the rights and property of The 38 Photography and its clients
- when we have to protect against legal liability
- non-personally identifiable visitor information that may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses
Service providers tracking
Our website uses several 3rd party service providers that track your behavior while you are browsing our website. Here is a list of 3rd party service providers.
- We use Google Analytics on our website. It is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic and report any potential issues with our website. This data is shared with other Google services. You can opt-out from this tracking service by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on on your browser. You can find more information about Google Privacy and Terms on their website: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- We use Facebook Advertisement and Conversion Pixel. Usage of both allow us to collect information when you click on our Facebook advertisement that redirects you to our website. Our website sends data to be processed by Facebook, including information about actions that you take on our website. This information provides us with insights about advertising progress and its success. This is done in full accordance with the Facebook Data Policy that can be reviewed on their website: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. Facebook Conversion Pixel allows us to show you targeted advertisements on and outside of Facebook. Facebook is using cookies and similar technologies to provide targeted advertisements functionality for us. If you are Facebook user with active Facebook profile, you may revoke and/or change this permission by changing settings on this website: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/?entry_product=ad_settings_screen
Links to other websites
Collection of data from children
We do not advertise or provide services to anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly ask or collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18.
We update this privacy statement when it's required. Most of the time updates to this policy are made to provide greater transparency or in response to:
- feedback from our clients, industry and/or regulators, or other stakeholders
- changes in our services and/or products
- changes in our personal data processing activities and/or policies
How to contact us